A plan I hear you ask? Yes, a plan! A way of moving forward so I know exactly where I’m going.
I always have a plan. I’m always heading somewhere. I couldn’t imagine working any other way.
Right here, right now, what’s my plan to continue moving in a forward direction – one that is just right for me?
- The Sydney Quilt Show 2019 finished recently, so I’m already thinking of my two entries for The Sydney Quilt Show 2020.
- I’ve had a work selected into an upcoming exhibition, Art Quilts in Focus, at Gallery 76, Queen St., Concord West, NSW in conjunction with QuiltNSW and The Embroiderers Guild NSW from 1-29 August 2019.
- I’m always on the look-out for further exhibition opportunities, national and international.
- I’m teaching Machine Stitch Odyssey for Atasda at the Epping Creative Centre, 28-29 September 2019.
- I’ve also been booked to teach in Victoria next year.
Designing and Making:
- Design and make an entry for The Margaret Oppen Competition sponsored by The Embroiderers’ Guild NSW with the theme of ‘Sensations’. Entry Form submission 12/8/19, Work submission 16/9/19. For Members only. I have an idea!
- Design and make an entry for Vision 2020: The Power of Sight: The Act of Seeing, curated by Brenda Gael Smith. Size requirement 50x50cm, entry submission 10/1/2020. Open to all entrants, national and international. I have an idea!
- I’m currently stitching a triptych to enter into QuiltNSW’s relaunch of The New Quilt at Hawkesbury Regional Gallery, Windsor, NSW from 5 February – 4 April 2021. One panel finished, two to go! Entry submission 20 October 2020. Open to all Australian residents.
- I have an on-going body of work entitled Mind Body and Soul. I’m always thinking about using that as inspiration for new work.
- I want to sample for another body of work on Fashion.
- Researching, writing, refining and posting a weekly blog post.
- Taking and editing images for blog posts and social media.
That’s my plan. It’s simple. It’s what I want to do and where I know is best for me to head. Without the above, I’d be rudderless. I have a sense of achievement just by having this plan. If I don’t do something, that’s OK. Sometimes life gets in the way, or sometimes other opportunities arise and I find I achieve even more.
From me to you, my best advice is to have a plan that suits you – a direction, a path forward. Whatever it is, I wish you huge success with what you want to achieve. Just go for it!